Raw Roots Farm is a small, 4-acre vegetable and fruit farm located in the Sierra Nevada foothill town of Catheys Valley. The farm is run by Andrew and Lauren Glikin who sustainably manage a biodynamic, ecologically focused, naturally-grown, no-till community farm that produces enough food to support around 55 members for their CSA, and then many more families through farmer’s market and house sales. Raw Roots Farm also sells directly to local restaurants in Mariposa and Merced. The farm runs year round and produces a diverse quantity of crops that are compatible with the seasonal climate they are grown in. The food is sold at local farmer’s markets and on the farm directly through a community shared agriculture (CSA) program.
Raw Roots Farm is dedicated to providing local, non-sprayed, non-tilled, and sustainably grown produce for our community members. Our practice of farming is done in accordance to and with the respect of the local environment and the balanced global system we live in. We strive to foster a healthy and engaging community environment through the shared production and consumption of organic produce. We also provide educational opportunities for our community members to learn how sustainable living can easily be incorporated as an integral and instinctual part of their lifestyle.
* Every person deserves the right to know not only where their food comes from but that it is healthy and safe.
* Every person deserves the right to be a part of their local community.
* A truly sustained community is a community that supports one another.
* Sustainable food comes from local businesses, not global or national ones.
* Every person should be able to have a hand in or a say in growing their own food if desired.
* The practice of agriculture should be done in accordance to and with respect to the land around it
* Food should be grown without the addition of harmful pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides, or any genetically modified seeds.
In addition to cash, credit card and debit card, we also accept Senior Vouchers, WIC Farmer’s Market and monthly fruit and vegetable vouchers, and EBT!
We attend the Original Merced County Farmers Market every Saturday all year long. Our selection is seasonal, but can include kale, chard, spinach, lettuce mix, lettuce heads, arugula, broccoli, cabbage, napa cabbage, bok choy, summer squash, cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, hot peppers, cucumbers, green beans, rainbow carrots, beets, turnips, radishes, winter squashes (acorn, butternut, spaghetti, delicata), pumpkins (cooking and carving), potatoes (red, blue, yukon, fingerlings), garlic, onions (red, walla walla, yellow), strawberries, blackberries, sweet potatoes, kohlrabi, leeks, and eggs from our pasture-raised, farm produce fed chickens! To find out what we are bringing to market each week, follow us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/raw.roots.farm.catheys.valley/